I am just loving raw desserts! They are so incredibly easy to make and so much more enjoyable to eat, knowing not only that they are cruelty-free but also that there is nothing unhealthy in them. They are literally guilt-free in more ways than one!! This pie came out so refreshing and the chocolate crust is the perfect complement to the tang of the pineapple and the mint. The whole thing took less than ten minutes to make, and then just an hour or so in the freezer. I do still love to bake, especially in the wintertime, but for now, it is raw all the way!!
For the crust:
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup walnuts
- 8 medjool dates, pitted and soaked in water for 20 minutes, unless soft already
- 1/8 t salt
- 2 T cocoa powder
For the filling:
- 3 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight (unless you have a high speed blender)
- 1 1/4 cup chopped pineapple
- 2 T coconut oil
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1 T agave nectar
- 1-2 T fresh mint (taste and see how much you like)
- 1-2 T water to get it to a consistency where it can be poured.
Process crust ingredients in a food processor until they come together in a big clump.
Press into the bottom and up the sides of a lightly greased pie pan.
Place all filling ingredients in a blender or processor
and blend/process until smooth.
Pour into pan and smooth top.
Freeze for at least an hour.
Store in fridge.